Veil Supernova Remnant

I have taken pictures of this object in pieces.  I worked on this a lot last summer and into fall.  I collected narrow band in Hydrogen and Oxygen.  It is a fun object to look at visually with a telescope and filters.  I have spent many hours in a dark location looking and showing this object off to others.  The twists and bends in the nebula are unique.  I borrowed a friends 71mm, f4.9 William Optics telescope and was able to fit the whole nebula on my camera sensor with room to spare.  I didn't take any narrow band information with this setup but I did use a light pollution filter.  I tried to take some data without it and the stars overwhelmed the nebula.  The light pollution filter did a good job in increasing the signal to noise ratio.


Comments

Popular Posts